Why choose beyondGREEN?
beyondGREEN uses USDA certified bio-based materials:
100% natural and chemical-free, non-PLA/non-PE compostable bags
beyondGREEN has been leading the way in innovative sustainable material technology in efforts to aid in the movement on reducing single-use plastic pollution. With products made in the USA, beyondGREEN has been able to provide consumers with quality-controlled sustainable alternatives to single-use plastics to aid in environmental and social goals.
The beyondGREEN Difference: Made with natural, renewable material and packaged in recycled material, beyondGREEN’s patented vegetable blend promotes minimized pollution and supports sustainable development goals. This allows beyondGREEN’s organic material to naturally breakdown in the environment and serve as food to be consumed by micro-organisms, supporting a circular lifecycle which works in harmony with the environment. In a market flooded with “green-washed” plastics, beyondGREEN is the trusted alternative backed by certifications from various organizations supporting their claims. BeyondGREEN is more than just a product, it is a movement focused on educating consumers on the effects that single-use plastics have on the environment, in hopes of a future without eco-destructive products.
Single-use plastics have been polluting our planet for decades now, and the pollution issue has only been getting worse each year. Here are some numbers to help understand the seriousness of single-use plastic pollution:
- Plastics make-up 90% of all marine debris
- Only about 1% of all plastics are ever returned for recycling
- It takes 500 years or more for plastics to degrade
- Everyday approximately 8 million pieces of plastic pollution find their way into our oceans
- 5.25 Trillion macro and micro-plastic pieces floating in the open ocean, weighing approximately 269 tons!
The world is looking into this pollution crisis seriously and while businesses and manufacturers work on alternatives, government organizations work on placing bans on single-use plastic products. beyondGREEN is one business that is ahead of the curve, and with the properly timed movement, beyondGREEN has the opportunity to become a leader in sustainable product manufacturing.
beyondGREEN plans on using its certified compostable and biodegradable material to replace single-use plastics currently being manufactured. beyondGREEN’s material contains the following characteristics:
- Made from renewable material
- Natural odor of the material
- Naturally biodegradable in any environment (including marine)
- Either 100% Home Compostable or Industrial Compostable including Anaerobic Digestor
- Guaranteed breakdown well within 3 to 6 months once exposed to environment
- Food grade
- Stronger than Plastics
- 12 to 18 months shelf-life
- Water and Oil resistant
- Certified by major recognized standards globally
- Abides by national and international green guidelines
- Made in the USA
How is beyondGREEN able to make these claims? beyondGREEN done the proper lab tests to prevent from misleading consumers of their products. beyondGREEN’s main material mix has been lab tested and certified by the following third-party organizations:
- United States Department of Agriculture’s Certified USDA Biobased Product
- European Standards EN 13432 – TUV Austria Industrial Compostable Product
- European Standards EN 13432 – TUV Austria Home Compostable Product
- Canada’s Bureau de Normalisation du Quebec Certified Product
- Compost Manufacturer’s Alliance Certified Product
- BPI’s ASTM D6400 Compliant Product
In addition to the material being tested and certified, beyondGREEN itself has also been certified by Green America’s Green Business Network as a sustainable business
beyondGREEN biotech, Inc. initially started as bioDOGradable Bags in 2016, it was ahead of the curve in that it was one of a few brands that truly offered a replacement to single-use plastic bags and was considered a brand which did not falsely advertise its ‘Green’ properties. As the years went on, bioDOGradable Bags gained more and more traction in the market. Using this fan base and customer network, Veejay C Patell (Founder and CEO) decided it was time to launch beyondGREEN biotech, Inc. the parent company behind bioDOGradable Bags and other brands such as bioCOMpet Composters and the GROW Bags in December 2018. In addition to these brands, beyondGREEN, being a manufacturer, was able to offer custom product manufacturing services to its customers. Some specific competitive advantages of beyondGREEN include, but is not limited to:
- In-House Manufacturing Capabilities
- Extrusion Blow Film
- Injection Molding
- Patented Material Blend
- Certified Material
- In-House Research & Development
- Innovative, Tech-Savvy team
- Large social media following, numerous prestigious TV appearances, and interviews on television and in the mainstream, blockchain and technological press
- Validity in the marketplace
- Significant projected growth
beyondGREEN Achievements: 2019
Since the start of bioDOGradable Bags in 2016, beyondGREEN and all of its brands along with team members have been able to achieve many accomplishments! Accomplishments such as:
- Opened a Blow Film Extrusion Manufacturing Plant in Lake Forest, California.
- Increased bioDOGradable’s 2019 Revenue by 98% compared to that of 2018.
- Awarded the People & Planet Award by Green America.
- Partnered with the National Forest Foundation in efforts to restore forestation.
- Partnered with 1% FOR THE PLANET in efforts to help fund the removal of current global pollution.
- Green America’s Certified Business Partnership.
- Received USDA Biobased Product Certification.
- Received TUV Austria (EN 13432) Industrial Compostability Certification.
- Received TUV Austria Home Compostability Certification.
- Received TUV Marine Biodegradability Certification.
- Received Canada’s BNQ Certification.
- Incorporated ‘Made in the USA’ product line.
- Launched Grow Bags.
- Launched Private Label Sector for Extrusion Blow Film.
- Launched Injection Molding.
- Expanded Globally: USA, Canada, Cameroon, South Africa, India, Peru, Panama, Chile.
- Received the Compost Manufacturer’s Alliance Certification.
- Partnered with CocoTaps for the Manufacturing of Compostable Coconut Taps.
- Received The Rubicon Global Waste Fit Champion Recognition and Award.
- Signed Supplier Agreement with Chewy.com for bioDOGradable Products.
- Interviewed by Associated Press.
- Interviewed by the Huffpost.
- Interviewed by the City of Lake Forest.
- Joined City of Lake Forest Chamber of Commerce.
- Launch of Injection Molding division
- Published in over 180 Articles and Media Channels
- Featured on The Profit
- Featured in numerous Podcasts
While those achievements have grown beyondGREEN drastically, beyondGREEN plans on expanding even more in 2020 and the years to come!