The highest North American and European standards to ensure the sustainability of our planet.
beyondGREEN biotech, Inc. Certifications
Environmental Marketing Claims
To be considered when custom manufacturing pet waste bags with beyondGREEN biotech, Inc.
You understand that while beyondGREEN shall make reasonable efforts to inform you of any problematic claims in your bag design, ultimately, you are responsible for ensuring legal compliance of the artwork, claims, designs, and images that you request. You understand that the following is a non-exhaustive list of general standards for your bag design:
1) Do NOT includes the terms “Biodegradable,” “Decomposable,” “Degradable,” or any similar term implying that the products will break down or decompose.3
2) You may include the term “Compostable,” BUT, if you do, you must qualify the claim to explain the limits and must also include the following disclaimers for any such claim: (a) compostable refers to the packaged product and not the packaging (b) suitable for home and industrial compost; requires pet-waste composter; composting facilities may not exist in your area.
3) Do NOT makes claims that the Bags are universally “compostable” if composting facilities are not available to at least 60% of consumers where your product is sold (very limited facilities that compost pet waste).
4) Do NOT include phrases that imply the Bag is not made from a type of plastic such as: “zero plastic,” “plastic free,” or “made of bioplastics or plastic-alternatives.”
You certify that any artwork, environmental claims, or images that you request for the Bags shall be strictly scrutinized by your legal counsel for compliance with these terms, as well as all applicable federal and state laws governing environmental claims.4
OK compost HOME
"Owing to the comparatively smaller volume of waste involved, the temperature in a garden compost heap is clearly lower and less constant than in an industrial composting environment. This is why composting in the garden is a more difficult, slower-paced process.
TÜV AUSTRIA’s innovative answer to this challenge was to develop OK compost HOME to guarantee complete biodegradability in the light of specific requirements, even in your garden compost heap.
OK compost HOME is not based on a standard but is the basis for several standards!
It seems important to remember that the OK compost HOME certification programme does not explicitly refer to a specific standard but details all the technical requirements that a product must meet in order to obtain the certification."
OK compost INDUSTRIAL (EN 13432)
"Packaging or products featuring the OK compost INDUSTRIAL label are guaranteed as biodegradable in an industrial composting plant. This applies to all components, inks and additives. The sole reference point for the certification programme is the harmonised EN 13432: 2000 standard: in any event any product featuring the OK compost INDUSTRIAL logo complies with the requirements of the EU Packaging Directive ( 94/62/EEC)."
"The term "biobased product" means a product determined by the Secretary to be a commercial or industrial product (other than food or feed) that is- (A) composed, in whole or in significant part, of biological products, including renewable domestic agricultural materials, renewable chemicals, and forestry materials; or (B) an intermediate ingredient or feedstock. Biobased Products are derived from raw materials such as plants and other renewable agricultural, marine, and forestry materials. Biobased products generally provide an alternative to conventional petroleum derived products and include a diverse range of offerings such as lubricants, detergents, inks, fertilizers, and bioplastics. Biobased products do not include food, feed, or fuel."
CMA Commercially Accepted Products
"CMA has developed a MANUFACTURER to MANUFACTURER engagement space, creating the most practical model for advancing the use of compostables and their acceptance into industrial compost facilities. This is accomplished through mutual information sharing, “pile to lab” technical discussions, and specialized fieldwork. CMA’s philosophy is to work as solution strategists in partnership with compost facilities and product manufacturers to ensure all aspects of employing compostables work for all stakeholders.
As cities, businesses and residents strive for zero waste, the use of compostable food service ware is increasing. To accomplish higher food waste diversion and minimize contamination in urban feed stocks, CMA and its affiliated members offer a program of technical review and field testing of compostable products to determine their feasibility as a feed stock when shipped to fully permitted industrial composting facilities."
Green Business Network Certification
Green America certifies businesses that are:
- Actively using their business as a tool for positive social change;
- Operating a "values-driven" enterprise according to principles of social justice AND environmental sustainability;
- Environmentally responsible in the way they source, manufacture, and market their products and run their operations and facilities;
- Socially equitable and committed to extraordinary practices that benefit workers, customers, communities, and the environment; and
- Accountable for their work by continually improving and tracking their progress, and operating with transparency in every facet of their business.
We certify green businesses with rigorous Green Business Standards in over forty industries. All companies seeking Green America's Green Business Certification must meet Green America's standards for all businesses, and also meet or exceed all required standards in their industry.